Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Maybe not... but it made me giggle

This is not a funny story. It's not even a mildly entertaining story. But the incident involved made me and one of my uppermost bosses giggle, so I figured I'd retell it.

We were on a field trip today. A field trip to the art village across the street from my place of employment. We were walking outside, around the various buildings, trees, sculptures, and streams.

Off to the right of our procession of students was one such stream. Standing in the midst of the slow moving water was a man in thigh high rubber boots and a fishing hat. He had a small net, a few buckets, and what looked like a ladle. He was cleaning bits of trash out of the would-be pristine environment.

The kids were a bit excitable and began shouting hello to the older gentleman as he ladled through the murky water.

The young student directly to my left shouted something in a sing-song-y Korean.
Now, this being an English emersion program and the fact that the director of my school was not 3 feet in front of me, I glanced at the student and muttered our mantra, “English Only...”

She looked up, and in one of the creepiest little kid voices I have ever heard, repeated her previous comment in English.

“Don't drink the waaater...”

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter