Tuesday, October 07, 2008

shockingly dill (part 3)

Here is a weird one.
Something I have missed as well as something I have seen far too much of.

Pickles.

I know, this is not the first thing that comes to mind when you think of the differences between South Korea and the U.S.A. But, believe it or not, this is a huge issue.

Pickles.

This country loves sweet pickles. They love the pickles that you would consider the off brand, sweet as sugar, kind of fishy type pickles.

When you order pizza, it comes with a free side of pickles.
You order pasta of any kind, it comes with a free side of pickles.
You order any dinner really, something is going to come pickled.

What I miss is not having pickles with every meal.
What I miss is dill pickles.

This country is seriously lacking in dill pickles.

In the year I have been here I have not had one dill pickle. I miss them.
One day, one day soon, something dill-y will be back on the menu.

Or at least something dill-y at the grocery store.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter