Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Still kickin

I am not dead.
I have not been captured and held hostage by the North Koreans.
I have not run away to Fiji to live on a beach and sip Pina Coladas. (Damnit)

I have simply been suffering from a technological withdraw of sorts.

I once lived in a place far way from the world of technology. In the middle of nowhere.
Without a bit of pavement in sight.

Cell phone service near non-existent.

There was not a Best Buy for 500 miles.

However, I had a computer with wireless internet at my finger tips nearly every second of the day.
At work there was a computer everywhere I turned.
At home I could surf the net on the toilet.

Now I am in a place that has more internet connections than anywhere else in the world.
If you carry a PSP or come sort of video game device, you are one of the cool kids.

Cell phones can pick up television signals.

We use power point presentations in every class.

Yet, I am rarely in a place where I can use the internet. Where I can type stories to you.

Right now in my purse there are several stories I wrote about the things I have seen and done in this place. Chock full of alliteration and strange analogies.

In my purse. Already written.
Not here.

If you had my purse you would know that I have been keeping my promise to write twice a week.
You would also know that I read far too much, always carry a handful of almonds, and have more pens than you can count on three fingers.

Comments:
Keep Kickin! Can you scan your hand written notes and post them as pictures, ect??? Just a thought.UM
 
Monday pm. Mom is on the way!! Tonight in SFO, arrive Wedneday pm. Take good care of her. We miss her, Aline and Keith
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter