Thursday, July 05, 2007

Home sweet home

I am sorry to say that the “couch hopping” portion of my summer is very likely to be over. It had such a promising start.
There were so many types of sleeping arrangements, used in so many short days.
But all that painful adventure has come to an end.

Did I find a job and therefore a place to live?
Did I suddenly come into a large amount of money and living it up in the penthouse of the Hilton?
Did I do a funky dance landing me in prison with a warm-ish bed and three square meals a day?

None of the above.

I am currently living in a vacant house.
One could call it squatting, except the owners know about it and I have no intention of staying for 11 years.

I have no stove, no microwave, and no refrigerator.

I do have a roof, a warm shower, and an air mattress.

There are suitcases lining the walls. Everything I own that was once in the trunk of my car is now in the living room of my very own vacant mansion.

This kind of home-full home-less-ness is a wonderful change to the house hopping car dwelling existence I had planned for the summer.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter