Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Skull and crossbones

The coolest thing about teaching in the tundra is the interesting items that end up in my classroom. Every time we start a new topic I something new and strange finds its way to my desk.

Today brought the skull of a wolverine.

One of my students found the former head out on the tundra and thought immediately of me. We have been learning about the skeletal system and what better for “show and tell” than this

It is in great condition, the jaw is still firmly attached and movable, it does not smell, and most of the brain has been eaten by tiny scavenging creatures.

Excitingly enough this particular student offered for me to keep the brain box.

She already has enough skulls in her back yard.
Plus, wolverine skulls are so small that there is nothing you can do with them.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter