Thursday, March 22, 2007

Gnawing at the dark

It’s happening again.
Freaking hell.

Once again I cannot trust myself. Once again I cannot trust nature.
Once again, I cannot trust the sun.

For the past few months I have trusted the sun to not really be around. When it was around, after being gone for so long, I trusted it to remain mostly hidden and only make short guest appearances.
Slowly, the sun has been coming back. It has been a gradual emergence. Slowly adding more and more minutes to my daily routine.

But as the days have past the sun has grown.

I was sitting in my comfy recliner today.
Watching TV.
Surfing the net.
Avoiding my essays.

A gnawing thought swelled in my head, “I should grab something to eat. It’s getting to be that time.”
The sun was disappearing. It looked to be early evening in the Arctic.

I scampered to the kitchen to begin my usual dinner dance. Open the cabinets, close the cabinets, open the fridge, close the fridge.
Repeat for at least 20 minutes.

Then I happened a glance at the tiny digital clock nested on my oven.

It was 9 o’clock in the freaking evening.

The sun is now exerting its presence until just after 9.
Damnit.
Damnit a lot.

We are merely weeks away from the 24 hour light.

Comments:
Sun 24/7 that should keep you busy and out of trouble. hal! um
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter