Tuesday, January 02, 2007

2007

Happy 2007 everybody!

Unlike this time last year, I have no exciting tales of death and drive-by’s. But it was a good night regardless.

I finally found the Alaskan ration that everyone has been talking about.

We ended up going to a bar for a New Years. It was a good time.
And totally packed with guys.

At least hitting the 9:1 ratio everyone thinks of when they think of Alaska.

Ever since I moved here people have asked me if there are really that many men. If there are really more men than women. And until now, I never really saw a huge difference.

I guess I was just not going to the right places.

Everywhere I looked in this bar there were groups of guys, scanning the crowd, looking for the very limited numbers of females.

The only place in the expansive place that the ratio of men to women dipped in the other direction was the dance floor.
Which, was surrounded by boys, staring.

It made for an interesting evening.
I danced, I partied, I chatted.
I counted down to the new year.

Moving on from the evening’s excitement.

I am now back in Barrow. School starts tomorrow.
Yay!.
Believe it or now I am actually looking forward to going back to work. Although I dread the “work” part I am happy to be back to a routine. It’ll be nice to be back to the day-to-day grind.

So, I hope everyone had a good holiday!
And are looking forward to a Happy New Year!

Comments:
Have a wonderful New Year and may all your wishes and dreams for the future come true!! Aline
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter