Monday, November 13, 2006

Snow Day!

There is nothing that sucks more than getting injected in each arm, getting blood drawn and then venturing forth into the great outdoors to face the gale force winds and blowing wind that had canceled school today.

Yeah, school was canceled.
I woke up this morning, got dressed, and heard the wonderful news on the radio.
“School is canceled due to zero visibility.”

Just as I happily began stripping down to my skivvies to climb back into bed for a few more hours of rest and relaxation, the phone rang.

“School is canceled today, but we need the teachers to come in anyway. Thanks!”
Damn phone tree.

I was given a choice.
Either work today or make it up on some Saturday in the not too distant future.

Sadly, I chose today to work.
Which was not as bad as one would think. It makes Mondays so much better when there are no students to get in the way.

So, yes, I worked.
I cleaned.
I planned.
I photocopied.
I hide under my desk and took a nap.

After hours of classroom dwelling the time came for my monthly shots.
To explain,
I am hoping to go to Vietnam this summer, therefore, each moth I have been pumping my body full of strange chemicals called “vaccinations”.
This month was rabies and tetanus.
Next month, Japanese encephalitis and more rabies.

The injections were complete with only a little wincing and some clawing.
Then I heard words that made me very nervous.
Very nervous indeed.

“Now, we just need to draw a little blood.”

I am not afraid on needles nor am I afraid of blood.
But something about watching blood spurt out of my arm makes me a bit queezy.

I made it through. I survived it all.
I was bandaged up and even given a sticker.

There was a spring in my step as I geared up for my walk home. The thought of not needing another shot for 4 more weeks made me happy to the point of euphoria.

That’s when the wind hit me in the face with the force of a mac truck.
A mac truck going just fast enough to make you fall on your tushy it you lose traction.
Not the speeding kind that will kill you without making a dent.

Yay snow days!

Comments:
wussy
shell
 
You better not be in Vietnam during Dave and Martine's wedding, ho! I'll be there, and I expect to have someone to drink with!
 
Oh, and if you ever have kids, get used to getting blood drawn ALL THE TIME while you're pregnant! I swear they took 2 vials minimum at every appointment!

If it makes you feel better, I had to talk my neighbor into not chickening out for her flu shot, even after Abbie took it without flinching.
 
And that is exactly why I am anti-babies.
I mean, they are cute enough, but there is no way I am going to have one of them living inside me.

Big props to you for doing it though!

When is Dave and Martine's wedding?
 
30 June-- you beter be there! I will :-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter