Thursday, June 22, 2006

My Big Apples

I have just landed in the Big Apple.
The polar opposite of where I have hung my hat for the past year.

In Kasigluk people most people had a “land line” telephone and used a hand held radio for most of there “mobile” communication needs. Most times when you were away from the house you were totally out of contact. Unless you wanted to bring smoke signals back into fashion.
In New York I have seen 32 blue tooth cell phone head-sets thus far. People are not more than a phone call away from anything. (This is a quality I can respect, but even I, the self-proclaimed cell phone queen, have a difficulty understanding this fashion statement.)

I will be here in NYC for the next few days. Not sure what all is in store, though it seems we have tickets to Wicked.
My sister has friends in high places.
Siblings are so useful sometimes.

Anyway,
Today we walked.
We walked down most every street that makes up the greater Times Square area.
Sometimes we walked them more than once.
We walked past the theatres, with brightly colors signs of neon and shine
Radio City, covered in posters of stars gone by
David Letterman,
Saint Patrick’s Cathedral, where my sister said some blasphemous things.
Three homeless guys wishing they had teeth.

We walked until or feet were sore.
Until our asses felt the burn.

We walked to the Apple store and back again.
I refrained from buying a new computer… though, I was faced with a tough few moments of indecision. The new Macbooks are so shiny.

Tomorrow I think we will be heading toward Chinatown, the Financial District, and maybe the Statue of Liberty.

If you have any thoughts or ideas for we traveling fools, we would love to hear them.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter