Monday, May 22, 2006

Moving On

I suppose an announcement must be made.

Next fall I will not be returning to the cold and remote village of Kasigluk, Alaska. I have chosen to leave this harsh and isolated land.

In just a few short months I will be teaching in, drum roll please…

Barrow, Alaska.

For those of you unfamiliar with the geography of this distant state, it is the northern most city in the United States.

Barrow is over 300 miles north of the arctic circle.
It is the home of a few different animals, including cute and cuddly polar bears.
It is located on the bank of the Arctic Ocean.
And, from what I have heard, it gets a little cold up there.

Plus, this is the area in Alaska where you really do get the extreme daylight and lack there of. Right now they have 24 hours of daylight. This will continue until August. In mid November the sun will set and will not be seen again until late January.

Anyone who once thought I was off my rocker might have just been proven correct.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter