Friday, December 23, 2005

Getting back to the Natti

Getting to Bethel is always an interesting process. There are so many transportation options.
Planes and snow-goes I have weathered.

This time I choose to travel by a different mean.
A taxi.
More specifically, a River Taxi.

The rivers and lakes on the tundra are, for the most part, frozen.
And these solid waterways become the perfect highways.

Unfortunately, they don’t plow these roads.

The ride was beautiful.
Cruising down the rivers, in the comfort of a heated car, I watched the sun set over the tundra.
Colors filled the sky and were reflected in the glossy prisms of snow and ice.

However, 2 hours of rough ice and busting through snow-drifts makes your bum a little sore.
And, about 10 minutes into the drive, I realized that I had to pee.

Now, In Bethel again, I wait for my flight tomorrow that will take me away from the bush and into a populated place full of family of friends.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter