Sunday, October 09, 2005

NYO

NYO not you momma’s sports.
(Native Youth Olympics)

This weekend I chaperoned a NYO event.
I honestly didn’t know what to expect when leaving for the overnight sporting event.

This shit is hard-core.

Some of these games have a strong and significant cultural background.
They were, at one point, training activities. They taught and honed the skills necessary to survive on the harsh reality of living in Alaska.

Now they have morphed into a sporting event.
The cultural significance, however, has not been lost.

The really cool things were fast and difficult to catch on my lame camera.
I did my best though.

In the future I will have a betterr camera and may be able to accuratly portray these insain-o events.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter